Global Fortune 50 Telecommunications Company – Strategic Roadmap for an All-Electric Fleet
How to transition the fleet to zero emission vehicles (ZEV)
- A fortune 50 telecommunications provider (‘the Client”) with a goal to be carbon neutral by 2035 engaged Edison Energy to evaluate their fleet in transitioning from internal combustion engines (ICE) to electric vehicles (EV).
- The Client was seeking an advisor to evaluate the feasibility of transitioning over 40,000+ vehicles across light, medium, and heavy-duty classes, while also providing strategic guidance in maximizing emissions reductions, charging capabilities, and cost-effective outcomes associated with a transition to ZEVs.
Edison Energy partnered with the Client to help develop a strategy for fleet electrification while providing education workshops to ensure all stakeholders had the needed knowledge and buy in. Some of the topics involved:
- Alternative Fuels
- Corporate Sustainability
- Vehicles & Technology
- Electric Vehicle Charging
- Facility & Utility Planning
- Vehicle & Charging Procurement
The final Fleet Sustainability Roadmap analyzed vehicle and telematics data to determine which vehicles would make economic sense to be replaced with a ZEV. It provided phased recommendations with analysis including:
- Total-cost-of-ownership (TCO) Analysis & Vehicle Identification
- Timeline Development
- Identifying GHG Emissions Reductions
- Charging Optimization Strategy
- Utility & Incentive Identification
- Potential Pilot Site Identification
A large portion of the Client’s existing fleet were strong candidates for electric vehicle conversion.
The Fleet Sustainability Roadmap identified that
of the Client’s light-duty vehicles could be converted with today’s EV technology with portions of the medium and heavy-duty vehicles applicable in select states.
in total-cost-of-ownership savings (over vehicle life) in converting to electric fleet with current technologies.
of GHG Emissions could be saved through the removal of tailpipe emissions.
Download a PDF of the Case Study
Please fill out the form below.
Let us meet you where you are in your Transportation Electrification journey. Learn more about our Transportation expertise.