Solar Developer – Owner’s Representation and Quality Assurance Services
A sustainable infrastructure company sought Edison Energy to provide owner’s representation and quality assurance services to assist in the planning, design, and installation of rooftop solar on 80+ city administrative service buildings. Services Edison Energy is providing will further the city’s green building initiative by offsetting energy usage and ultimately lowering operational costs.
Anticipated solar capacity for each respective site ranges from 68-665kW and is evaluated on several factors which include:
- Infrastructure’s ability to handle additional weight
- Cost to build system in comparison to its return on investment (ROI)
- Number of panels the roof can accommodate
Edison Energy is currently:
- Conducting site assessments alongside the client and contractors to create feasibility studies determining infrastructure viability for solar installation.
- Leading weekly stakeholder alignment calls with building administration and construction firms to facilitate understanding around respective building requirements and schedules to accommodate construction activities.
Project sites listed by the city department are on the rolling basis and the project is slated to continue into 2024. To date, Edison Energy has:
- Completed 40 sites that are now operating at approximately 10 megawatts for the City of New York
- Amid conducting design and construction for 48 sites