Global Market Leader for Fresh Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, and Blackberries – Fleet Electrification Strategy
How to reach net zero emissions?
- A global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries, aims to achieve net zero emissions by 2032. As a transportation-heavy company, the Client realized that to move the needle on this goal, they needed to start to electrify their fleet of nearly 700 vehicles across both Mexico and the U.S.
- The Client currently spends $2M – $3M annually on fuel and maintenance costs.
- The company has 18 facilities in the U.S. and 19 facilities in Mexico. They would like to implement distributed energy resources (DERs) at facilities where the investment makes sense.
Edison Energy partnered with the Client to help develop a strategy for fleet electrification while evaluating the application of distributed energy resources (DERs) at certain facilities to provide more resiliency and shave peak demand.
- Edison Energy recommends phasing the procurement of electric vehicles over the next nine years.
- The incremental cost of transitioning the vehicles to EV, and the investment in charging infrastructure is estimated at $17 million.
- Fleet optimizing and “right-sizing” of the fleet will improve these metrics.
- Mexico’s rural operations should consider renewable energy (i.e., solar, storage, and microgrids), due to limited power availability.
- Electric vehicle incentives and program funding are available to offset Client’s transition.
- Potential pilot sites were identified to support a phased EV transition to incorporate lessons learned prior to full implementation.
- Alignment with Sustainability Goals
- Electric Vehicle (EV) Implementation Plan and Roadmap
- Electric Vehicle Evaluation and Suitability
- Pilot Program Approach and Framework
Environmental & Financial Projections (2023-2032)
|286 vehicles in the U.S. and 408 in Mexico can transition by 2028. The remainder of the fleet to transition in phased approach through 2032.|
|Accumulate $11 Million in operational savings by 2032.|
|Avoid 13,700 metric tons of carbon dioxide by 2032.|
|Project requires a $17 Million incremental investment supporting vehicle and charging infrastructure procurement.|
Let us meet you where you are in your Transportation Electrification journey. Learn more about our Transportation expertise.